January 27, 2023

Nick Carter

Heidi Gutman/Bravo/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images

Note: The following article contains a discussion of allegations of sexual misconduct.

The Backstreet Boys Christmas special, titled A very Backstreet vacationhas been suspended by ABC following the sexual assault allegations against Nick Carter.

It has been reported that Shannon “Shay” Ruth filed a sexual battery case against Carter, accusing him of raping her and giving her HPV after a Backstreet Boys concert in 2001, when she was 17 and he was 21.

A very Backstreet vacation was scheduled for a December 14 release and was supposed to feature the Backstreet Boys songs from their new Christmas album, but Variety reports that comedy reruns are now being shown instead.

Meghan Trainor, Rob Riggle, Seth Rogen, Nikki Glaser, Ron Funches and Atsuko Okatsuka also guest starred.

Backstreet Boys' Nick Carter performing at the Venetian resort on August 19, 2021 in Las Vegas, Nevada

Denise TruscelloGetty Images

The allegations were made by Ruth on Thursday (Dec. 8), and Carter has since denied them.

“This claim about an incident that supposedly took place more than 20 years ago is not only legally worthless, but completely false,” his attorney, Michael Holtz, said in a statement.

Sadly, Mrs. Ruth has been manipulated into making false allegations about Nick for a number of years – and those allegations have changed repeatedly and materially over time.

“No one should be fooled by a press stunt orchestrated by an opportunistic lawyer – there is nothing wrong with this claim at all, and we have no doubt the courts will soon realise.”

backstreet boys performing at the mtv vmas pre-show in august 2018

Steven FerdmannGetty Images

In 2017, Dream singer Melissa Schuman alleged she was sexually assaulted by Carter when they were working on the ABC Family Halloween special together. The hollow in 2003.

Carter denied the allegations and was never charged.

His representatives told Digital spy at the time: “Nick has denied these allegations since he first learned of them last year, and was confident the prosecutor would conclude there was no basis to press charges against him. He is happy to put this case behind him to leave.”

If you are affected by the issues raised in this story, you can access more information from Rape Crisis England and Wales, who work to eliminate all forms of sexual violence and sexual misconduct, at their website or by calling the National Rape Crisis Helpline on 0808 802 9999. Scotland rape crisis helpline number is 08088 01 03 02.

US readers are encouraged to get in touch RAIN, or the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 800-656-4673.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *