Modern warfare 2 is big. Enormous. Warzone 2’s launch attracted more than 25 million people, so there’s a lot of eyes on the game’s early updates. Fortunately for Activision, Infinity Ward and Raven, the first massive update has delivered some very impressive things.
One of the major changes is the reintroduction of the CDL modes (that’s Call of Duty League, if you’re curious) which were removed after some playlist bugs were discovered.
But while that’s good, there’s something even better for players who like to put a little bling on their loadouts: a better navigation option for all your locked and unlocked camos.
It may sound petty, but if you’ve spent most of your time between matches scrolling uselessly through hundreds of different camos trying to find something that looks half decent on the Kastov 762, say, with the ability to see what’s actually unlocked and hitting your weapon of choice without any hassle is a god send.
And it’s not just me and my appreciation for a clean, readable user interface that’s involved here too; check out the MW2 reddit and you’ll see other people join the love-in.
“OK, this is actually a fantastic change,” says one commenter. “I can finally figure out which camo looks best on a weapon, instead of just picking the first one that looks pretty cool, because I can’t scroll through 100 locked camos.”
“Finally, jeeze,” says another. “Now give me a better UI so I can see more than six at a time and I can move through groups without skipping four at a time.”
Then there is still a way to go. But this is a good start. Check out the list below for the rest of the patch notes.
- Made improvements to better navigate Camos:
- Added controller bumper navigation to jump between categories
- Added a toggle to show/hide locked Camos
- Increased audio notification for when the jailer enters the Gulag.
- Armor-piercing ammunition
- Removed damage multiplier against armored opponents
- Fixed collision issues with various elements in the game that allowed players to see/look/shoot through them.
- Fixed issue with audio occlusion and directional audio.
- Fixed an issue where some unlocks in the Gunsmith were not tracking weapon progress.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players with Overkill to equip the same weapon as both a Primary and a Secondary.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the correct amount of Battle Pass Tokens from appearing in the Battle Pass menu.
- Fixed an issue where the Season Countdown Timer in the Battle Pass menu was not displaying the correct amount of time remaining.
- Fixed several incorrect texts in the in-game interface.
- Fixed several issues that resulted in incorrect controller inputs when navigating menus.
- Fixed an issue that caused players looking down to look erratic to others.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some players from launching the game due to GPU compatibility.
- Fixed an issue where the focus mode crashed the client when the view mode was set to window.
- Fixed an issue on PlayStation where the PlayStation Store icon would stay on screen after a network error occurred.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the progress of the “Dragon in Downtown” Calling Card from being tracked.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect Operator icon was displayed when navigating to select a custom skin for Kleo.
- Fixed an issue where players would go back to the main menu when navigating to select the PDSW 528 Armory while customizing a Loadout.
- Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect progress requirement to appear in the Prestige menu.
- Fixed several audio-related issues that caused players to hear notifications when they shouldn’t.
- Fixed an issue where Platinum Camo unlock requirements were incorrectly displayed after unlocking.
- Fixed several issues that caused the camera to shake while another player was watching.
- Fixed an issue that caused the operator model’s hands to appear invisible while the ledge was hanging.
- Fixed an issue causing the wrong weapon to appear in the Player Showcase.
- Fixed an issue where the Spotter Scope continuously marked enemy positions.
- Fixed a development bug in private matches and stability will continue to improve.